Normally, a rehabbing player going 1 for 6 in an intrasquad game would not be news, or even remotely interesting. However, with the craptastic production that the Yankees have been getting from the 3rd base position (batting average south of .200, no home runs, mediocre defense), the Yankees need Alex Rodriguez back as soon as possible (Selena Roberts-induced drama and all). Peter Abraham reported the results of A-Rod’s intrasquad game, saying that Alex was not running at full speed in the game, and also walked twice.
It is pointless to extrapolate anything from an intrasquad game in which A-Rod was hitting against the likes of Matt Richardson and Jose Ramirez, but it is encouraging to see that he is working his way back. They have performed fairly well up to this point given the loss of A-Rod, Bruney, and Wang to injury, but ultimately, the Yankees need their big slugger back in the worst way. His presence lengthens the lineup, replacing an automatic out at the bottom of the lineup with a 3-time MVP.
Nobody could agree more than Mark Teixeira, whose .197/.365/.364 line is blowing nobody away. The high OBP sticks out as evidence that opposing pitchers are pitching around Tex, and this could change when A-Rod returns to the lineup. Tex’s struggles may have to do with trying too hard, but hopefully, the return of an effective A-Rod could take some of the pressure off the Yankee first baseman. To be honest, I’m surprised the media hasn’t made more of his struggles already. I guess they’re too busy deciding that Joba needs to go back to the ‘pen (seriously, when will they learn?).
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees