Whodathunk Godzilla would be taken out, not be Mothra, King Kong, or some other mutated monstrosity, but by balky knees? Joe Girardi said today that Matsui can only pinch hit for the time-being, according to this article from the AP.
Is Matsui done?
Tough to say. He’s only 34, but has played a [...]
The Yankees got their first victory in the new Yankee Stadium, with Derek Jeter providing the winning margin in a 6-5 contest with an 8th inning solo homer. The bullpen gave the Yankees 4.1 innings of shutout work after Joba Chamberlain struggled mightily with his command and allowed 5 runs on 6 hits [...]
The Yankees called up Cuban 1st baseman Juan Miranda today. I think that merits a prospect profile.
Age: 26 [image title="miranda" size="full" id="2716" align="right" ]
Weight: 220 lbs
Position: 1st Base
2008 Team: Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankees
Current Team: New York Yankees
The Good: Miranda is a [...]
Dave Robertson, you were the only reliever to do a decent job yesterday, pitching 2 innings of no run, 3K ball. Show him what he’s won, Moshe…. It’s a free ticket on the Scranton Shuttle!! See Brian Hoch’s article. Juan Miranda is comes up after mashing .361, .425, .667, 3hr, 13rbi in 8 games. [...]
The middle of the Yankees order has been a bit weak to start the season, as Alex Rodriguez has yet to take the field and Mark Teixeira has been hampered by a wrist injury. Here are updates on the status of both players, plus a tidbit on Xavier Nady.
Rodriguez took full batting practice [...]
[image title="3450455600_cdf1b1d1f6" size="full" id="2704" align="right" ]I had a blast yesterday. I was lucky enough over the weekend to score some very nice tickets for the first game at the new stadium. It did not disappoint.
However amazing you have tried to imagine the new stadium, its better. It has the look and feel of old [...]
Many fans find themselves screaming at the TV over how relievers are used, because they often don’t understand the seemingly random nature to how managers use their bullpen. But believe it or not, there is a method to the madness.
Relief pitchers are typically assigned a pecking order, from the closer down to the mop [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees