The press release, per Abraham,
The Yankees announced today they have acquired minor league RHP Charles Nolte from the Minnesota Twins in exchange for RHP Jason Jones. Jones was taken by Minnesota in the 2008 Rule 5 Draft and offered back to the Yankees. Instead of Jones being returned to the organization, the Yankees and Twins agreed on the two-player trade.
Nolte, a 24th-round pick by Minnesota in the 2007 First-Year Player Draft, was 4-3 with one save and a 2.05 ERA in 44 relief appearances with the Single-A Beloit Snappers in 2008 (70.1IP, 63H, 26R, 16ER, 35BB, 75K, 1HR). The 6-3, 200 lb. right-hander is a San Diego, Calif. native and attended San Diego State University.
Jason Jones was not going to make the Minnesota Twins right out of spring training, but they liked him enough to want to hold on to him. The Yankees have absolutely no use for Jones. He wouldn’t be able to secure a starting spot at either Trenton (where he’s been for 2 years) or Scranton. I don’t know a thing about Nilte, but he appears to be a decent relief prospect. He’ll head to Tampa.
The bigger news in regards to Rule V picks will be about Reegie Corona. He’s a better utility candidate down the line than any of Cody Ransom, Angel Berroa, or Ramiro Pena. He’s hitting well, so Seattle might retain him. If Seattle wants to work out a trade, the Yankees should probably drive a hard bargain. The Padres will probably end up sending back Ivan Nova too, who hasn’t pitched much this spring. Of course, the Padres have nothing to lose by keeping him on their roster.
Update: Via Scott in the comments, Nova is being placed on waivers. This is great news for the Yankees. He’ll head to Tampa or Trenton.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees