With the A-Rod situation hanging over the Yankees ominously, it is good to hear some good news about three players that are vitally important to the 2009 Yankees. Chien-Ming Wang, Jorge Posada, and Hideki Matsui are all coming off of injury plagued 2008 seasons, and their importance becomes even greater with the news about A-Rod.
Via Pete Abe:
· Hideki Matsui (who hit the ball hard twice today) till travel to Lakeland tomorrow. It’ll be his first back to back.
· Jorge Posada threw today before the game and came through well. He could throw to the bases on Monday and catch a game next weekend.
· The home run Chien-Ming Wang allowed today came on a change-up that floated. But he used a changeup (this one sank) to strike out Josh Anderson in the third inning. Wang wasn’t thrilled with his location. I told him that he threw 27 of 33 pitches for strikes. “I can do better,” he said.
It seems to be good news on all fronts. Posada is on track to be the starting catcher on Opening Day, and Matsui hitting the ball hard is spectacular news for a lineup that may have a very large vacuum in the middle. I have heard nothing but positive things about Wang’s rehab, and he should be able to provide 200 innings and a sub-4.00 ERA once again. It is nice to hear positive medical news after a few days fraught with negativity.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees