From the AP (via Yahoo!):
TAMPA, Fla. (AP)—Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano and reliever Damaso Marte are scheduled to be examined by doctors Saturday and won’t immediately play after rejoining New York following the World Baseball Classic.
Cano has tightness in the back of his right shoulder. He has felt it all spring training but didn’t think it was serious.
Marte has tightness in the left side of his chest, which he thinks stems from weightlifting.
The pair had been with the Dominican Republic team at the WBC.
Let’s hope it’s nothing serious.
UPDATE – Here’s some more information from Bryan Hoch:
Cano said that he had felt some discomfort before reporting to the Classic club, but did not mention it to the Yankees.
“It was a little bit tight and it never went away,” Cano said. “I can throw. It just feels tight. … I was hoping that it was something that if I stretched, it’d be all right.”
Marte said that he felt the tightness after performing bench presses prior to Tuesday’s game, when he pitched an inning in the Dominican Republic’s 2-1 loss to the Netherlands.
Marte said that the tightness did not affect him on the mound and estimated that he would need to rest three or four days.
“I’m good,” Marte said. “It’s just a little bit tight.”
Girardi said that the higher level of competition in the Classic may have been a contributing factor.
“What happens is, you go to those games and your intensity is really turned up a lot sooner than it would be normally,” Girardi said. “Hopefully it’s not much and they bounce back fairly quickly, but it’s not how you want them coming back.”
Marte seems like he’ll be fine, but Robbie’s “tightness” is somewhat worrisome.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees