The LA Times is reporting that Angels stud starter Ervin Santana has a troublesome elbow injury that will cause him to begin the season on the DL. The Angels do not have much pitching depth with Santana and Kelvim Escobar hurt, and now have the last two slots in their rotation up for grabs. They are likely to be in the market for a starting pitcher at this point. Incidentally, their top hitting prospect is SS/3B Brandon Wood, a player whose star has dimmed but needs to see some regular playing time if the Angels are ever going to be able to see whether he has a future with the club. Essentially, this means that if the Angels were to trade for starting pitching, Chone Figgins may be the one player that they can deal from position of strength.
Of course, the Yankees are in the market for a 3B/UI such as Mr. Figgins. Recapping, the Yankees need a 3B who could be comfortably placed on the bench when A-Rod returns. Conversely, the Angels need someone to give them solid back of the rotation innings until Santana returns, at which point he would need to be shifted to the pen. How about Figgins for Alfredo Aceves and a mid level prospect? It seems like a match made in heaven. What do you think?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees