A few notable performances from the last two days:
1) Joba Chamberlain seems to be rounding into form, allowing just one run on four hits and five K’s in 3.1 innings. Although he still needs to do some work in regard to finishing off batters and reducing his pitch count, he seems to be about ready to slot into the 5th starter role. He needs a few more starts to get stretched out to 100 pitches, at which point the Yankees will use him sparingly over the first month to conserve his innings.
2) Jonathan Albaladejo, who will be the subject of a longer post at some point tomorrow, continued his excellent spring with 1.2 scoreless innings. The Yankees are going to have a number of relievers who may not make the team despite having MLB experience as well as excellent springs, with Albie and Dave Robertson leading that pack.
3) Edwar Ramirez and Jose Veras both faltered a bit, but neither looked poor enough to loosen their grip on a bullpen spot. Mariano Rivera was his dominant self, needing 12 pitches to retire the side.
4) Kei Igawa ended his hopeless bid for a roster spot, allowing one run on 4 hits and 4 walks in 2.2 innings. Have a nice season in Scranton, Kei.
5) Austin Jackson is hitting .324 and slugging .588 in spring training. If Gardner and Cabrera both falter, we may see Jackson before the end of this season. He tripled today, and looks to be a very exciting player. The Yankees may actually be alright in center field.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees