Allen Barra from the New York Observer wrote today to do some Derek Jeter questioning. We’ve seen a lot of this recently, mostly centered around his defense at shortstop. While Parra gives us a healthy amount of that, he also throws some of this in:
This will be Jeter’s 14th season (not counting 1995, [...]
When the Yankees grabbed Johnny Damon from the Red Sox after the 2005 season, the general consensus among fans and insiders was that it was a good move in the short term, but that Damon would not be worth the 52 million he was getting by the end of the deal. It seemed like another [...]
George Steinbrenner is expected to be at the new Yankee Stadium for the season opener on April 16, a person with knowledge of the situation told Newsday Thursday.
Steinbrenner, who is 78 and thought to be in frail health, has not been seen in New York since he attended last summer’s All-Star [...]
From Alex Speier of WEEI.com:
This year’s Opening Day payroll would be lower than five other clubs’ marks at the start of 2008. For the first time in six seasons, the Sox will be closer in payroll to Tampa Bay than they are to New York. With that in mind, the Red Sox owners [...]
I want to preface this piece by defending Peter Abraham a bit. He has been roundly criticized by many for becoming arrogant due to the success of his blog, an assertion that may have some truth to it. However, his blog remains the number one spot for news from the Yankees clubhouse, and he is [...]
So far, it appears that most of the blogosphere agrees with the decision, even those coming at it from various angles.
Derek Jeter’s career’s OBP: .385
Johnny Damon’s career OBP: .354
Derek Jeter GIDP the last two years: 45
Johnny Damon GIDP in last two years: 9
So Jeter should get on base [...]
In a recent article in The Hardball Times ’5 Questions’ series (BTW-great series, a must read to get up to speed across the leagues) I came across this lil’ gem in the Detroit Tigers review from author Brian Borawski.
2005 – .713 (2)
2006 – .704 (1)
2007 – .706 (1)
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees