RLYW recently compiled the projections for Derek Jeter’s 2009, and the numbers were underwhelming. Although I think Jeter’s injury-hampered 2008 hopelessly skews any predictions for the upcoming season, it was discouraging to see that most projection systems only see a meager bounceback from the captain. The most disturbing portion of the post was that [...]
From Ken Rosenthal:
The Yankees are telling clubs that they are open to moving outfielder Melky Cabrera, who would be a perfect fit for the White Sox.
Cabrera trails Brett Gardner in the Yankees’ center-field competition. By trading him, the team could open at-bats for Nick Swisher, who was beaten out by Xavier Nady [...]
(Note: RAB stole my thunder a bit by posting on this a few hours ago, but I had this ready to go, so I was not going to just forget about it).
One of the very first major debates that we had on this site had to do with the Yankees plethora of [...]
I always love the annual prospects lists, and I love me some Fangraphs, so when Fangraphs posts their Yankee Prospects, by Marc Hulet, uhh…..,,,,
Stuff I agree with:
Jeremy Bleich: “He’ll likely open 2009 in A-ball and could move quickly.”
Stuff I disagree with:
Hulet says that, regarding Jesus Montero, “there are not many [...]
Anyone who hoped to have Mike Cameron in camp as an insurance policy can finally give up the ghost. Gardner and Cabrera fans rejoice.
“Our center fielder is here in camp,” Cashman said when asked if he had anything going for the Brewers’ $10 million center fielder, who was close to being a Yankee last [...]
Here are the notables from last night’s contest against the Red Sox:
1) Austin Jackson hit a grand slam off of Devern Hansack in the 8th inning, extending the Yankees lead to 7-1 with a shot down the left field line. He is at .333/.385/.667, and is tied for the team lead with 3 HR’s [...]
The Daily News’ Mike Lupica drew an interesting comparison here between Yankee neophyte and Red Sox uberstar, Dustin Pedroia. Lupica, as you’d expect, didn’t do any real analysis, just drawing parallels between the two players’ size and grittiness, so I pulled up the trusty Baseball Cube to try to see if there could possibly [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees