This news from the AP via ESPN. Joe Girardi states that, “The earliest we would need him in the outfield would be interleague, and that’s a ways off,” Girardi said Wednesday. “That’s why we envision him as our everyday DH. We need him. He’s a great RBI guy. He’s very important to our lineup.”
A few recent events have me thinking about last year’s trade in which the Yankees sent phenom Jose Tabata along with Ross Ohlendorf, Jeff Karstens, and Dan McCutcheon to the Pirates for Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte. Firstly, Bill Madden mentioned the deal in an article on Marte and Phil Coke:
In that respect, [...]
RLYW continued their series on projections by looking at Mark Teixeira. While they found that he should have an excellent season at the plate, the defensive numbers on Tex were a bit surprising to me. They show that Mark is at best a slightly above average defensive first baseman:
One of the things that [...]
Really, this is all guesswork:
Catcher: Kyle Higashioka
1st Base: Someone
2nd Base: David Adams
Shortstop: Carmen Angelini
3rd Base: Braedyn Pruiit
Left Field: Raymond Kruml
Center Field: Abraham Almonte
Right Field: Daniel Brewer
Designated Hitter: Corban Joseph
Others: Addison Maruszak, Chase Weems, Braedyn Pruitt
Kevin Goldstein from Baseball Prospectus finished off his off season roundup of farm systems by posting his organizational rankings today. The Yankees clock him at #13. A subscription is required to read it all.
Goldstein’s point is basically that the Yankees have a ton of super-risky guys and not a lot of strong bets [...]
From Joel Sherman (NY Post):
In today’s Post, I wrote that several Yankee officials confirmed to me that if Mariano Rivera were to go down for an extended period then Joba Chamberlain most likely would be made the closer. I continue to believe this is the most likely way Chamberlain ends up back [...]
In an article that suggests the Yankees would use Joba Chamberlain to close if Mariano Rivera was unable to pitch (can they ever just leave this issue alone?), Joel Sherman has some telling quotes from Brian Bruney:
That is unless Bruney makes people forget about Chamberlain in the eighth inning, thus earning the right [...]
As I noted earlier this week, the AL East has become a division dominated by pitching. Dugout Central took a look at the projections for the rotations of the three contenders in the division, and reached an unsurprising conclusion:
Team Projection IP HR BB SO [...]
. . that we all knew and loved well, let’s just leave it at that.
-Sir Sidney Ponson signed with the KC Royals.
-Chris Britton isn’t going to make the Padre’s 25 man roster.
-Randy Johnson (who’s 45) speculates on pitching until he’s 50.
-Ivan Rodriguez’s deal is done, 1.5 mil [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees