The Houston Astros and Ivan Rodriguez have agreed to a 1-year deal worth $1.5 million. Pudge, who will start for the Astros (I guess J.R. Towles still isn’t ready), could possibly make another $1.5 million in bonus incentives.
The following is my best guess starting roster for the 2009 Trenton Thunder to begin the year.
Catcher: Francisco Cervelli
1st Base: Chris Malec
2nd Base: Damon Sublett
Shortstop: Eduardo Nunez
3rd Base: Marcos Vechionacci
Left Field: Colin Curtis / James Cooper
Center Field: Seth Fortenberry
Right Field: [...]
The Yankee Universe is proud to present our very first contest, the TYU Bracket Challenge. With March Madness upon us and the entire sports world having bracket fever, TYU is giving Yankees fans the opportunity to win a spectacularly awesome prize for just filling out a bracket and getting more games right than anyone else. [...]
The Al East has long been known as a division where pitchers go to die. ERA’s soared as the powerful offenses of even the worst teams in the division bludgeoned teams in endless games marked by frequent pitching changes and plenty of runs. However, the tide seems to be shifting, as Peter Gammons points out [...]
Maury Brown of The Biz of Baseball recently wrote about the Yankees profligate spending over the last decade in an article special to MLB Trade Rumors. Here was his basic point:
To be exact, I have now have pulled together end of year payroll figures for the last decade. In looking over the totals, [...]
The Marlins have returned Zach Kroenke (LHP) to the Yankees after having selected Kroenke in the Rule V Draft. Florida was hoping that he would stick in their bullpen, however, after a tough month he was offered back to NY for $25,000.
EJ’s Thoughts: Kroenke was solid last year after being moved to [...]
The Yankees just got some good news about the injuries to Robinson Cano and Damaso Marte, as Peter Abraham is reporting that neither has any structural damage. Cano has bursitis, while Marte is suffering from inflammation. That sound that you hear is an exhale from Brian Cashman. Expect to hear about some more cuts [...]
So long Trip Aces. You had your chance last year. The moniker for this year’s starting rotation is “The Five Musketeers” according to the NY Post’s Joel Sherman. Why the Five Musketeers, you ask? Apparently, a certain comradery has developed between the group, to the point where they typically gather together to watch [...]
I am a headline writing savant.
If you have not figured it out yet, the headline is referencing Japanese pitching phenom Yu Darvish. Keith Law, not one for hyperbole, recently saw Darvish and had the following to say:
Darvish is the top pitcher in the Japanese major leagues right now. He earned the 2007 [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees