In a typical fawn job over Kenny Williams, Jon Heyman mentions the Nick Swisher trade, and makes it seem like WIlliams won the deal:
The Swisher trade saved them $4 million for 2009, which was exactly the signing bonus they gave hotshot 20-year-old Cuban import Dayan Viciedo, who’s already ready to hit in the [...]
From the AP (via Yahoo!):
TAMPA, Fla. (AP)—Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano and reliever Damaso Marte are scheduled to be examined by doctors Saturday and won’t immediately play after rejoining New York following the World Baseball Classic.
Cano has tightness in the back of his right shoulder. He has felt it all spring training [...]
Many members of the NY media believe that Joba Chamberlain belongs in the bullpen, and Joba’s slow start to spring training helped them make their argument. When he turned in a good outing against the Reds, it seemed likely that the Joba to the pen crowd would go silent for a few days. However, nothing [...]
Marc Carig (Star-Ledger) has a nice piece out on mega-prospect, Jesus Montero. Montero is well-known for his offensive capabilities, however, he has been working diligently on his defense — a part of his game that isn’t too far a long — as he tries to remain behind the plate. His ultimate goal [...]
According to a filed complaint, a woman alleges Bernie Williams snatched her camera and hit her in the face late last night at a club in Puerto Rico.
From the AP:
A woman filed a complaint against former Yankees center fielder Bernie Williams for allegedly hitting her at a nightclub while she took his [...]
Ben Reiter (SI) wrote up a fairly comprehensive report regarding the Yankees as they currently stand. He touches on a variety of interesting subjects, including the so-called CF position battle, Nick Swisher’s presence in the clubhouse, and, of course, the pitching staff. It’s a good read.
The Yankees went into last season with two rookies at the back of their rotation. Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy were both highly regarded prospects handed jobs in spring training based on their brief 2007 stints with the club and their sheer talent. One disastrous season later, both are likely to start the year in [...]
[image title="20080916_yankeeseats_560x375" size="full" id="1509" align="right" ]
Courtesy of Newsday:
Did some Yankee Stadium architect misread his or her protractor when the $1.5-billion ballpark was being designed? Are the Yankees alone in offering some of their fans less than the whole picture from their seats? No and no, according to a Newsday review of [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees