Here’s my guess
I’ll guess they let Nady, Damon and Matsui walk, they take the money they save (over 30 mil) and sign Holliday. I’ll also assume that A-Jax still isn’t quite ready yet and Gardner has a good enough year to stick around. I’d love to figure [...]
Steve’s post this morning about the strong feelings that people have about A-Rod got me to thinking about Yankees that I have found it difficult to root for. As the team has met with failure over the last few years, more and more players enter that category of guys who force you to remind yourself [...]
“It just takes one guy to bring an entire team down, and that’s exactly what was happening,” Papelbon said, according to the magazine. “Once we saw that, we weren’t afraid to get rid of him. It’s like cancer. That’s what he was. Cancer. He had to go. It [stunk], but that was [...]
I admit to loving the wonderful and curious statistics that sabermetricians and other super statheads are gracious enough to enrich my existence with, but by no means would I consider myself a sabermetrician. Rather, I enjoy plucking random metrics from the sabermric ether and using them to lend credence or dispel some of my notions. [...]
According to Kat O’Brien, Joe Girardi told reporters that Jorge Posada will, indeed, catch on Sunday (against the Twins). It’ll be his first time behind the plate this spring and is a good sign for the team, as they will need all the offensive power they can muster without Alex Rodriguez’s bat in the [...]
With the news being released that Mariano Rivera will likely make his Spring debut on Monday, I thought it would be a good time to assess the state of the Yankees bullpen depth chart. Trying to divine who might be one of the seven relievers to go north is difficult, being that there have [...]
In an inevitable response to CC Sabathia getting shelled in his second spring start, the Daily News’ John Harper brought up CC’s high number of innings pitched over the last two seasons:
Yes, if Yankee fans feel any need to worry about Sabathia, the numbers that matter aren’t the six hits and five runs [...]
RLYW has released their latest projected standings, which they created with Alex Rodriguez’s injury in mind. They projected that he will miss 30 percent of the season, and they found that the Yankees still project to win the division. In their simulations, the Yankees win close to 98 games on average, with Boston at [...]
Ken Davidoff has a new column up where he opens with this:
All right, world, you have your chance now.
For the next six to nine weeks, you’ll get to see what life is like without Alex Rodriguez. You’ll view the mighty, regal Yankees, rid of their “albatross.”
You’ll look at Mr. Perfect, Derek [...]
It’s been so long since we’ve heard from Alex Rodriguez – almost three whole days – but the Star Ledger broke the interminable silence Wednesday night when the Yankees GM relayed the third baseman’s morale.
Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez is in “good spirits,” according to general manager Brian Cashman, who spoke with the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees