CC Sabathia struggled today, lasting only 1.2 innings against the Tigers, giving up 5 runs and 6 hits (one of those was a big fly to former Yankee, Gary Sheffield). CC attributed the rough day to a “lack of feel” for his cut fastball, as he had trouble locating it during the outing. [...]
As we enter the 2009 season with the signing of Damaso Marte and the emergence of Phil Coke, the Yanks enjoy surplus of left handed relief pitchers for the first time in a very, very long time.
How long? Check out this list, the last lefty we had coming out of the bullpen who actually [...]
The latest news on Johan Santana has him recovering from elbow troubles in time to start on Opening Day. When news of his injury surfaced, many Yankees fans used that information to justify Brian Cashman’s decision not to sell the farm for Santana. The question I pose is, what were your thoughts on trading for [...]
In three games this spring, Kei Igawa has pitched 5 scoreless innings, allowing 2 hits and no walks while striking out 4. Chad Jennings took note of this and pointed out the following:
If it weren’t for the fact that he’s, you know, Kei Igawa, I think we’d be discussing him as a legitimate [...]
Buster Oney had some thoughts to offer on last night’s ST game against the Reds, and one nugget in particular caught my eye:
Brett Gardner, competing for the club’s center field job, continues to have a great spring, with his average over .400. Gardner has a swing that actually reminds you a lot of [...]
From the NY Post:
Love is in the air between the Yankees and Red Sox.
Maybe “love” is a little strong, but Dustin Pedroia and Kevin Youkilis don’t mind saying they have formed a bond with Derek Jeter as members of Team USA for the World Baseball Classic.
You only need to spend [...]
One statement often made about AJ Burnett is that he may have the best power stuff of any starter in baseball. The key to his success is his knee-buckling curveball, thrown as a tight pitch (rather than looping) with plenty of late break. The Harball Times provided this little nugget about Burnett’s hook:
Courtesy of Rob Neyer:
Jim Kaat on Alex Rodriguez and the bigger question:
When I went down to the Dominican Republic’s World Baseball Classic team practice before A-Rod opted to shut it down for the tournament and have hip surgery, I got to talk to him a little bit. He came right up to [...]
The Daily News is reporting that Max Kellerman has left 1050-ESPN Radio and is being considered as the partner for the WFAN drive time show.
It seems to make a lot of sense, both stylistically and in terms of demographics. Max certainly evokes the manic style that when paired with Mike delivered huge ratings [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees