Joba Chamberlain looked much better in his third start of the spring, sitting in the low 90′s with his fastball and spotting his curveball and slider with command. Joba threw 29 pitches (20 for strikes), allowed one run on three hits with no walks and 3 strike outs.
Joba’s proving to be something of a [...]
After having hip surgery, noted hip specialist Dr. Marc Philippon reported that Alex has an 85-90% chance of allowing him to play the rest of the season. While the odds are overwhelmingly in his favor, that represents a significant chance he misses major time above and beyond the May 15 return date. What would that [...]
I had just posted something else, when I noticed this ridiculous article by Jayson Stark. He spends thousands of words glorifying the moves Boston made this offseason, while saying that the Yankees just threw money at their problems.
“For $423 million, the Yankees obviously got some nice pieces,” said one scout. “But in terms [...]
If you enjoy reading about the business aspect of the sport, check out this article from the Biz of Baseball about the struggles of the Yankee brand during these tough economic times.
In the short term, winning is marketing. Much of the complaining about seat relocations, public handouts to billionaires paying millionaires and a [...]
One position that I have long espoused that I often find to be contrary to the feelings of much of the sports media world is my view on steroids. They do not bother me all that much, and I think that the grand reveal of all steroid users has done more to harm the sport [...]
Long-time minor league blogger, John Sickels put out his list of possible sleepers/ breakout candidates yesterday. On the roll was David Phelps, a 2nd rounder from last year (Notre Dame – 14th round) who was superb as a sophomore, but struggled his junior year. An excellent season in the NY/Penn League (sub-3 ERA and [...]
Baseball is the most individualistic of the major sports, as it mostly consists of one on one matchups between a batter and pitcher. Some fielding plays require teamwork, but that is basically the extent of the cooperation that occurs on the field. For this reason, it is often difficult to identify any sort of strategy [...]
From the NY Post:
Andy Pettitte says with Alex Rodriguez absent for the start of this season, the pressure to perform falls to the Yankees starting pitchers.
“I feel like this team is going to win if we pitch well, whether Alex is here or not, to tell you the truth,” the left-hander said. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees