The Yankees lost 6-2 to the Blue Jays today, as Andy Pettitte made his spring debut, holding the Jays to 1 hit over 1.2 IP (2 K, 1 BB). The best part of his outing was that he felt great afterward. Dan Giese gave up a run in relief and Ian Kennedy got [...]
With Joba Chamberlain written into the rotation and Phil Hughes looking good, the last of the Big 3 seems to be the one with the most unsettled future. Ian got smacked around this afternoon, allowing 5 runs in 2.2 innings. I know some Yankees fans are down on him, seeing him as a 5th starter [...]
Some writers in NY have decided that the Yankees may actually be better off without Alex Rodriguez. RiverAveBlues talked about this a few hours ago, pointing out Ian O’Conner’s idiotic espousal of this idea, and Ken Rosenthal’s reasoned rebuttal. As Ken Davidoff states:
I don’t get it. It doesn’t make sense on any level, [...]
For the next few weeks, I’ll be taking both big picture and more detailed looks at the Yankee minor league system. For now, I’m going to give me best initial guesses at the Yankee minor league starting rotations. The Yankees are very deep at the upper ranks, and would be even deeper had they not [...]
According to Dr. Marc Philippon, who performed the surgery on Alex Rodriguez’s hip, the surgery was a success. The good doctor even remarked during a conference call that A-Rod would begin his rehab by riding a stationary bike today:
New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez will begin his rehabilitation process later on Monday after [...]
The Yankees sent Kanekoa Teixeira, J.B. Cox, and George Kontos to their minor league camp today, and exercised their option on Andrew Brackman by sending him to Single-A Charleston. This is the first round of many cuts that the Yankees will make this spring. You’d like to see Cox, Teixeira, and Kontos stick around for [...]
With Alex Rodriguez out until at least the beginning of May, the Yankees are going to be forced to change their lineup accordingly. Pete Abe speculates that Hideki Matsui may be the one to fill the hole at cleanup:
Matsui is probably done as an outfielder, at least on any regular basis. But if [...]
From George King (NY Post):
“There is always risk with surgery, but the approach we are using is definitely much safer than letting Alex play the way he is now,” Philippon said. “There is no more risk doing this procedure than (the aggressive path). The only thing I can say is that because the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees