Because sometimes it feels like everything I write somehow becomes about one guy (click the link, you’ll enjoy it), here are a three interesting tidbits from around the blogosphere.
1) Dave Pinto did some research and confirmed a bit of conventional wisdom. “As you can see, the faster pitches are more effective in [...]
Peter Abraham is reporting that A-Rod will not have surgery to repair a torn labrum and cyst in his hip, and will opt for rest and rehab instead. This would allow him to get back on the field quicker. I do not know what the medical implications of this decision are, and whether failed rehab [...]
Get used to the name Cody Ransom for the next 10 weeks, folks, because he’s your starting third baseman. He’s 33 years-old, has some pop (22hr and .482 slugging in 423 AAA AB’s last year) and is very athletic (check out this vid, courtesy of the NY Post and YouTube). He’s not a high [...]
From Biz of Baseball:
Moreover, in business news, the Yankees remain the most valuable team in all of baseball. In the past nine years, the Yankees value as an organization has more than tripled from $491 million in 1999, to $1 billion 306 million in 2008. Let us compare that to, say the 30th [...]
Pete Abe cites an ESPN Deportes report that claims that A-Rod will miss 10 weeks after surgery to remove a cyst from his hip. Enrique Rojas is often wrong, so confirmation from other sources is necessary. This is ominous news for a team and player that needs a hot start. I will update when we [...]
Many writers have bemoaned the ridiculous salaries garnered by athletes in a time when people are struggling to survive financially. When the Yankees threw money at a number of free agents in December, people rolled their eyes and wondered if athletes were sensitive to the economic problems at all. It is a point that I [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees