From Pete Caldera we learn that A-Rod’s hip injury was an issue last year. According to Joe Girardi, he had “some minor issues with it” in 2008. The cyst-injury isn’t considered a serious problem in relation to Alex’s overall performance, though you wonder if the constant “stiffness” bothered him over the course of the [...]
To continue with my gambling problem, the 2009 WBC betting lines:
CHINESE TAIPEI +5000
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC +200
PUERTO RICO +1500
Driveline Mechanics used a compilation of projections to compare possible 2009 seasons for the Yankees current group of outfielders and Manny Ramirez. They come to the conclusion that Nick Swisher is a much better bet than Xavier Nady to have a productive season in right field. More surprisingly, however, is the comparison between Swisher [...]
According to Johnny Damon, the most athletic player on the New York Yankees is none other than Cody Ransom. The 32 year-old infielder boasts a 60 inch vertical.
Rob over at Bronx Baseball Daily makes an interesting point. Mike Dunn and Phil Coke have looked good in spring training, and could theoretically make Damaso Marte obsolete very quickly. The Yankees could have not resigned him to a 3-year deal, and instead allowed Marte to become a free agent after offering him arbitration, [...]
From the Hartford Courant:
A.J. Burnett pitched two innings in a simulated game. He threw 28 pitches in preparation for his first start Sunday against the Tigers in Lakeland. Jorge Posada, who had been resting his surgically repaired right shoulder because of soreness, caught Burnett. Posada took a foul tip off the shoulder. He [...]
Manny Ramirez and the Dodgers have finally reportedly reached an agreement on a 2-year deal worth $45 million. Essentially, the first year provides Manny with $25 million while the second year — which Manny can opt-out of — would allow him to earn $20 million (I must note that some of the money is, [...]
Lane Meyer of NoMaas recently interviewed Yankees draft guru Damon Oppenheimer, and there were a few interesting nuggets I wanted to bring up.
On Gerrit Cole:
I’m really trying to move forward out of the Gerrit Cole situation. I’m not quite sure how much longer we’re going to have to beat this one into [...]
At some point yesterday, Alex Rodriguez made comments about the excitement that Jose Reyes brings to the playing field. Depending on which blog or newspaper you get your news from, you might have been treated to one of two fairly different stories.
Peter Abraham, Lohud Yankees Blog:
Alex Rodriguez told reporters in Jupiter today [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees