Pete Abe just posted a very interesting and very exciting item about Phil Hughes and a major adjustment he’s instituted regarding the execution of his plus curveball.
Hughes, known primarily for his exceptional fastball/curve combo due to the quality and command he possesses with both pitches, has been facing a new experience since breaking [...]
According to Jack Curry (NY Times), it has been discovered that Alex Rodriguez has a hip injury that may keep him out of the WBC. Apparently, Alex had an MRI before leaving to join the DR team and the Yankees’ medical staff found a cyst. He will fly to Colorado tomorrow in order [...]
Brett Gardner went 3 for 3 with double, a run scored and a steal today in the Yankees 6-5 loss to the U.S. team starring some guy named Jerek Deter or something.
It’s very, very early yet, but Gardner is now 8 for 13 with 3 steals and two ding-dongs in the young pre-season.
The Hardball Times is ranking the farm systems based on the value of their top prospects. The Yankees come in at a disappointing 20:
20. New York Yankees, NPV: $56.56 million
Top 100 Prospects: Austin Jackson (38), Jesus Montero (44)
The Yankees roster construction provides an interesting case with opportunity costs and [...]
The expectations for Robinson Cano going into 2008 were quite high. Most fans were expecting him to take a step forward, and develop into the middle of the order hitter that he flashed signs of in his first few seasons. Instead, his performance took a major nosedive. His numbers were down across the board, with [...]
Tim Dierkes of MLBTradeRumors put together a list of the 45 worst current contracts in baseball, and 3 Yankees make the dishonorable grade:
Jorge Posada, Yankees. Four years, $52MM ($13MM per year). Signed November of 2007.
Hideki Matsui, Yankees. Four years, $52MM ($13MM per year). Signed November of 2005.
Kei Igawa, [...]
I do not often find myself agreeing with Joe Sheehan, but he is the first salaried writer to take a long look at the Yankees bullpen and discover that it is filled with unheralded yet solid performers:
Other than re-signing 2008 trade acquisition Damaso Marte to a three-year, $12 million deal, the Yankees made [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees