[image title="Yankeesannual" size="full" id="1207" align="right" alt="Really, its great" ]In attempt to make one last pre-season push for Yankees Annual 2009, Maple Street Press has put my article online for free. While you should still buy Yankees Annual 2009, you can read my entire article here.
It is a great honor to have my article [...]
One of the various reasons given when people pick the Yankees to finish out of the money in 2009 is that their defense is bad. Like the claim that the Yankees bullpen is weak, this claim has no factual or statistical support. ESPN posted two articles on defense today, with the first touching on [...]
I’m testing out a new format for prospect profiles. What do you think?
Weight: 165 lbs
2008 Team: Trenton Thunder
Current Team: Major League Camp
The Good: Any discussion about Ramiro Pena begins with his superb defense. Pena’s reputation, with [...]
Interesting post from RAB, here, regarding the hallowed Fielding Bible and it’s comments on Derek Jeter’s defensive play. FB declares that DJ had the least defensive misplays in all of baseball last year (for shortstops), though his range was near the bottom (despite UZR’s insistence he was nearly average last season). It’s a great [...]
I was listening to Friday’s ESPN Baseball Today’s podcast and was less than shocked to discover they had predicted the Yankees to finish third in the A.L. East. Now, I have no problem with anyone picking the Yankees behind Tampa or Boston. They are both tremendous clubs, and I think it’s pretty much a toss [...]
For the second straight season, Jon Albaladejo will be the final reliever to make the Yankees Opening Day roster. Brett Tomko, Dan Giese, and Al Aceves were all sent down, with Tomko being the hard-luck loser in this race.
The Yankees won a lot of games during the Joe Torre era. When you win a lot of games, you tend to default to the “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” strategy for roster building. The Yankees happened to win with guys like Luis Sojo, Billy Traber, Enrique Wilson, Ruben Sierra, and Joe Torre. [...]
According to MLBTR, the Tigers released Gary Sheffield today, eating the 14 million dollars he is owed for 2009 rather than have him remain on the roster. This got me to thinking about the trade that the Yankees made with the Tigers after the 2006 season, in which the Yankees sent Sheff to Detroit [...]
Tyler Kepner has a piece in today’s New York Times detailing the cost effective job Brian Cashman has done in building this years relief corps. He begins:
On a team that spends more than $200 million on its roster, the Yankees’ bullpen is a bargain. Only one of Rivera’s setup men will earn more [...]
Jonathan Albaladejo appears to have a stranglehold over the final bullpen spot after a strong spring. Obviously, if he makes the team, that would mean that the Yankees would not carry a long reliever (despite Joba’s innings cap).
Now, Albaladejo is a solid option, however, I wonder why he would make the team over [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees