It is, at least according to Ryan Fagan of sportingnews.com:
3. New York Yankees (CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett, Chien-Ming Wang, Andy Pettitte, Joba Chamberlain). At this point, it is apparent why the A.L. East will be so tough. The Yankees have the third-best rotation in baseball, and it’s only good enough for third-best in their own division. The Yankees have balance (two lefties, two righthanders) and different looks (three flamethrowers, two “crafty” types). They also have young guys waiting in the wings in Phil Hughes, Alfredo Aceves and Ian Kennedy.
Fagan puts Tampa first based on their pitching last season and the addition of David Price, while using playoff experience to justify putting Boston at #2. He also calls Lester the second best lefty in baseball, a ridiculous notion when you compare his numbers to Sabathia’s. I happen to think the Yankees have the best rotation in the division, as they have no significant weakness. All of their pitchers have had success at the Major League levels, and none of them have any sort of peripheral data that would suggest a regression in their performance this season. I really think that Chien-Ming Wang is incredibly underrated, as he is now being viewed as a good #3 starter, while his numbers suggest that he is a great #2. Regardless, the differences between the three rotations is minimal, and the quality of the pitching should make for some fierce competitions this season in the AL East.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees