From Pete Caldera:
This morning, the Yankees have exchanged baseball bats for pool cues, and billiard balls for baseballs.Joe Girardi has taken his club to shoot pool.
“We feel our guys work very hard,” the manager said at Steinbrenner Field. “Usually before (exhibition) games, they have an easy day anyway. So, today’s their easy day.”
Girardi sprung the surprise on his club during their regular morning meeting. By 9:45 a.m., every member of the Yankees — including the coaching staff — marched toward buses that took them to a nearby billiards parlor, which the team rented.
“You come to camp, you practice every day … why not have an easy day where they’re all together for a couple hours, competing? Let them interact, be loud — hear people talk some trash.”
Girardi is mindful of the rigid persona that he might have projected in his first year managing the Yankees last season, though this team field trip seemed more designed to give the players a break from on-field activity — and to help unite them in a unique way.
A billiard hall at 10 a.m. seems rather strange, but hey — I won’t lie — it sounds like fun. Definitely a smart and unique move by Girardi.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees