Well, it has finally happened. The other stars on the Yankees have realized that they will have to deal with A-Rod for the long haul, and have decided to show their beleaguered teammate some love. Via mlb.com:
With the team’s superstar third baseman under intense scrutiny following his admitted use of peforming-enhancing drugs in 2001-2003, catcher Jorge Posada told the Post that longtime Yankees are eager to show their support for Rodriguez. Posada said he and fellow career Yankees Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera would gladly join Andy Pettitte, who last spring was under a similar spotlight, at whatever media gathering might be held when Rodriguez reports to camp.
“We’ll be there,” Posada told the Post. “Obviously, we have to ask Alex if it is OK, but if he says yes, we will go with him. I think it will be the guys who have been here the longest and anyone else that Alex might want.”
This is a nice gesture, as it is encouraging to see Alex’s teammates rally around him, rather than try to ignore the issue. Hopefully this shows him that his teammates will always have his back, and he can go back to being one of the best athletes on the planet.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees