Here’s the rotation with each pitcher’s average FB velocity (2008):
CC Sabathia — 93.7 mph
Chien-Ming Wang — 91.8 mph
A.J. Burnett – 94.3 mph
Andy Pettitte — 88.5 mph
Joba Chamberlain — 95.0 mph
Although Pettitte’s fastball is becoming Mussinaesque, that’s still a very powerful group. At the same [...]
Vegas Watch has the MLB team wins over/under odds for the 2009 season up. The numbers, and my picks:
Arizona- 86.5 – Over Atlanta- 84.5 – Over Baltimore- 74.5 – Under Boston- 94.5 – Under Chicago C- 94.5 – Over Chicago W- 76.5 – Over (though its about right) Cincinnati- 76.5 – Under Cleveland- [...]
Defensive statistics are not something that I relish using, being that they are still very inexact and constantly being altered. That being said, the hardest position to analyze using advanced metrics is catcher, as there are various parts to a catcher’s job defensively. He must catch the ball, call the game, and throw out baserunners. [...]
There’s a particular fragility and concern associated with Joba Chamberlain‘s workload as a starting pitcher. And, due to his outlandish skillset, there is good reason for the Yankees to handle with care.
There is, however, a notion that Chamberlain would be unable to up his innings total by any more than [...]
Joe Girardi revealed his rotation today, stating that it would go Sabathia, Wang, Burnett, Pettitte, and Chamberlain. This seems like the right move, as he alternates his power type guys with his guys that depend more on breaking stuff, thereby giving teams different looks in a three game series no matter how the pitching [...]
This courtesy of SI.com columnist Jeff Pearlman:
1. Boston Red Sox—Oddly, I like their moves more than the Yankees. Penny and Smoltz could easily win more games than Sabathia and Burnett.
2. Tampa Bay Rays—I smell a letdown. But not a huge one.
3. New York Yankees—They’re becoming the [...]
Here’s the rotation for the first week of exhibition games (via PA).
Wednesday at Toronto: Brett Tomko
Thursday vs. Tampa: Phil Hughes
Friday at Minnesota: Ian Kennedy
Saturday vs. Minnesota: Joba Chamberlain
The WBC rosters have been finalized.
However, how are Jose Veras and Edwar Ramirez playing for the DR? I thought they both opted out (neither of them knew that they were on the provisional roster)? Plus, Edwar is injured, so I don’t know how that effects things, either.
In addition, [...]
[image title="BRACKMAN3.SP.101206.RTW" size="full" id="1085" align="right" alt="Photo Credit: NY Sun" ]The Yankees drafted 6’10″ right-handed starting pitcher Andrew Brackman in 2o07 with their 30th overall draft pick, and he immediately underwent Tommy John surgery after signing a major league contract and being added to the 40-man roster. After a year of rehab, Brackman is finally going [...]
Kat O’Brien did an interview with AJ Burnett, and there were some interesting nuggets in it. Burnett has plenty of confidence, but understands the doubts that people have about his ability to stay healthy. He credits his relationship with Roy Halladay in helping learn how to best take care of his body. He also [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees