Kevin Goldstein today released his annual list of top Yankee prospects. The ranking is free, although the (very interesting) comments on individuals is for subscribers only. His ranking:
- Five-Star Prospects:
- 1. Jesus Montero
- 2. Austin Jackson
- Three-Star Prospects:
- 3. Dellin Betances
- 4. Austin Romine
- 5. Arodys Vizcaino
- 6. Andrew Brackman
- 7. Jeremy Bleich
- 8. Alfredo Aceves
- 9. Zach McAllister
- 10. Phil Coke
- 11. Mark Melancon
We disagree on quite a bit. I feel that Goldstein is underrating Melancon (identifying him as at best a setup man) and McAllister (identifying him as simply a 4th starter), while overrating some of the closer to the major league guys. He is correct that many Yankee prospects contain some level of risk, but I think that he underrates the potential of a lot of the less risky guys like Bleich and McAllister because they don’t have classic major league ace pitching styles. Guys like Arodys have the stuff, but its far too early to tell how strong their other pitching skills are.
Old friend Eric Shultz from Pending Pinstripes posted his top-30 list. Eric has always had a greater opinion of higher ceiling boom-or-bust guys than I have, and his list demonstrates that. Eric’s list is incredibly internally consistent, and I highly recommend it.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees