Joba Chamberlain could teach his team’s captain a few things about supporting teammates as the Yankees phenom threw himself completely behind beleaguered third baseman Alex Rodriguez.
Joba Chamberlain has no doubt that Yankees teammate Alex Rodriguez will be ready to play after an offseason full of distractions.
“He’s still going to be the Alex that we can count on and be there for us,” Chamberlain said Wednesday after working out at the Yankees’ minor league complex. “He’s going to be a friend forever. You look at it that way and you understand what it’s about and go on. He’s going to go and play everyday like he always does. He’s one the greatest players to ever play.”
The “friend forever” phrasing seems to be a popular refrain for A-Rod’s teammates as Jorge Posada used the same wording a few days ago.
Rodriguez has already drawn strong voices of support in the form of Brian Bruney, Johnny Damon, Chamberlain and Posada. It remains to be seen whether this tightens up a clubhouse sometimes characterized as corporate and stuffy - particularly when compared to the gritty, team atmosphere which permeated the dynasty’s locker room.
Hopefully the A-Rod support thread can be closed soon so we can all focus on baseball.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees