Melky will not play for the DR in the WBC, as he’ll opt for more time in Tampa so that he can prove himself to the Yankees. He’ll need a solid spring in order to beat out Brett Gardner. Basically, the job is his to lose.
Joe Girardi has announced that the 2009 lineup will most likely feature Mark Teixeira hitting third with Alex Rodriguez batting fourth. That’s probably the best configuration, although I think a Swisher-Alex-Teixeira trio would have worked, too.
Derek Jeter apparently had his own steroids related press conference today, and was a lot more open about the issue than he has ever been about, well, anything. After supporting Alex Rodriguez and commending him for owning up to his mistake, Derek had the following to say about the notion that “everybody was doing it:”
The little engine that could Boston Red Sox are not happy about the Yankees’ spending spree this Winter, and their owner, John Henry, has gone as far as recommending a salary cap.
Henry said Wednesday he thinks all owners would support an “enlightened” salary cap to improve competitive balance and that players might agree. [...]
Chad Jennings recently did a round up of all the catchers in camp this spring. Its excellent, you should read it.
The Yankees have a ton of depth at the catcher position. The depth chart, in order of closeness to the majors:
1. Francisco Cervelli 2. P.J. Piliterre 3. Kyle Anson 4. Austin Romine [...]
There might be obstacles to getting good value in return for Giles. For one, Giles’ consent is needed for a trade to any of the other 29 clubs. A trade also would raise Giles’ salary to $11 million, via an assignment bonus, lowering [...]
That has been the popular refrain over the last few days among those questioning Alex Rodriguez’s claim that he did not know what he was taking. “A world class athlete, a work out freak, he must know everything that enters his body.” Not so, says Buster Olney:
There is a broad assumption that ballplayers [...]
SG over at RLYB used the Diamond Mind baseball simulator to project the Yankees’ 2009 season with Joba in the rotation, and then compared that to the projections that had Joba in the bullpen. His results were throughly unsurprising:
Avg W: 95
Avg L: 67
Avg RF: 843
From Tyler Kepner (The NY Times):
It is not clear what substance Rodriguez was referring to when he said that he had used the drug “known on the streets as boli or bollee.” Rodriguez said his cousin bought the drug legally in the Dominican Republic.
“I’ve never heard of this name for a drug,” [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees