From the AP (via Yahoo!):
Saying he had a responsibility to give back, Alex Rodriguez briefly addressed the drug scandal that has enveloped his life for the last week Friday night when Miami formally renamed its baseball field in his honor.
With his name affixed to the scoreboard in left field, Rodriguez—who was greeted [...]
One of the most overlooked aspects to any team, right along with the utility man, is the long reliever spot. It tends to be a spot that turns over a few times every year, rather than being a guy that is a steady rock of the team. When the Yankees ruled the world, however, they [...]
This is an issue that I have been harping upon for a while, and now I find out that Curt Schilling agrees with me. I feel a bit nauseous:
During the 2001 season, in the clubhouse, Pedro [Gomez] and I got into a shouting match about players and steroids. In the middle of [...]
Mike A. posted his always fantastic and well-reasoned list at River Ave Blues today. He and I clash on some prospects, but are overall in agreement. The Yankee system has been largely uprooted and replanted this season, and that will lead to an interesting reckoning in 2009. Which fast-risers will disapppoint us? I’ll [...]
Each season, Bill Simmons of ESPN.com posts his NBA trade value rankings, in which he lists the top 40 NBA players in terms of their trade value. I figured that I would steal the idea and apply it to the 2009 Yankees. Essentially, I am asking the following question: If Brian Cashman decided to [...]
Chad Jennings has one of the best roundups of Yankee pitching that I’ve ever read. He looked at every pitcher heading into camp this weekend and speculates on their role following spring training. The highlights:
In camp to make the kind of impression that could accelerate his climb through the system.
As pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training 2009, Marc Hulet of The Baseball Analysts is looking back at how the baseball landscape has changed over the last ten years. Here is his capsule on the Yankees:
The Yankees had eight players making $5 million or more in 1999, with the highest paid player [...]
Catchers and pitchers report to camp today and Chad Jennings has a great writeup on the pitchers that will be in attendance. He does a particularly good job in speculating where each player will ultimately end up (e.g. roles, level).
Based on recent reports that I’ve read, including CJ’s assessment, I feel as though [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees