From Ken Rosenthal (FOX Sports):
Free-agent right-hander Ben Sheets underwent successful surgery on his right elbow Tuesday and is hopeful of returning after the All-Star break, according to a major-league source.
Expect Sheets’ name to pop up again, later in the season…
Alex Rodriguez will still headline ESPN’s upcoming WBC ads and news segments. He’ll be joined by Derek Jeter (USA), Ichiro Suzuki (Japan) and… Jorge Cantu (Mexico). All four will be central to ESPN’s coverage.
From Tyler Kepner (NY Times):
Don’t expect Jorge Posada to catch before mid-March. He will play designated hitter before then, but as he recovers from shoulder surgery, Girardi expects Posada to start only 100 to 110 games behind the plate this season. From 2000 through 2007, Posada always started between 134 and 142 games [...]
Mike A. of River Ave Blues posted his honorable mentions for the spring top-30 prospect list. Its definitely worth a look.
Mike and I pretty much agree on everything here, though I rate Kyle Higashioka a little higher. A lot of people throw the name Kelvin DeLeon around like he’s the next Jose Tabata. [...]
We all have heard about the giant restaurant that will be located in Center Field at the New Yankee Stadium, and how certain views in the left field bleachers will be obstructed because of it. Now we get word that these are not the only obstructed view seats in the house.
From The Stadium Insider:
I like Bobby. He’s a great hitter and a good guy, but he’s a terrible fielder. He can’t even cover a comparatively small right field and the Angels want him in left (according this ESPN article)? You’re talking about a guy who had a -23 UZR last year. -23!
There seems to be a sentiment among sportswriters that the Yankees bullpen is not too great. The latest manifestation of this belief comes from Jeff Passan (h/t commenter J-Gao):
Selig told USA Today on Wednesday afternoon that he is “just heartsick” about Rodriguez’s admission and would not rule out punishing him or adjusting baseball’s record book. Selig told USA Today he “had put a bulletin out” about the illegality of steroid use in 1997, even though MLB had no drug testing [...]
I’m sorry, but it is the biggest story in baseball.
1. Selena Roberts, the reporter who broke the A-Rod steroid scandal, is still working on a forthcoming book regarding the controversial slugger. Here is a rather interesting quote from her editor.
“The book is still a work in progress,” said her book editor, Mr. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees