From Ken Davidoff (Newsday):
Spoke with Brian Cashman a few minutes ago, and he confirmed Jon Heyman’s story that the Yankees had offered Andruw Jones a minor-league contract to compete with Melky Cabrera and Brett Gardner _ or GarBrera, as a guy named Chip on my Live Chat today called the pair _ for [...]
From Jayson Stark (SI):
In the meantime, the Braves seem to have emerged as the club most interested in Yankees outfielder Nick Swisher. But there are indications the teams got hung up when the Braves asked the Yankees to eat some of the $22.05 million Swisher has coming over the next three years — [...]
Interesting blurb, here, from Chad Jennings’ Scranton Wilkes-Barre blog. He talks about the prospects in BA’s Prospect Handbook as well as Derric Mckamey’s Minor League Baseball Analyst.
Maybe the most interesting note was that McKamey sees Kelvin DeLeon as the No. 5 Yankees prospect, ranking him as a potential 9, which is an elite [...]
For the last few days, ESPN analysts Rob Neyer, Steve Phillips, Buster Olney, and Jayson Stark have been running a player draft whereby each of the four had to fill a 25 man roster with a 40 million dollar cap. The results are fairly interesting, particularly when considering the order in which the players [...]
The incredibly reliable Joel Sherman of the New York Post reported today that the Yankees are already worried about what to do when Derek Jeter’s contract expires. Jeter becomes a free agent after the 2010 season. While his 200 million dollar contract was one of the better-deserved large contracts in baseball, he will no [...]
The New York Daily News is reporting that Brian Bruney has lost yet another 17 pounds, and now measures in at 219 pounds. That’s impressive, considering the size he used to be. More importantly, this is officially our first, “Player X came into camp in better shape than last year” report. Expect 24 more.
That season, the aggregate UZR in the Bronx was -130 runs. -130! Despite a tremendous offense worth +139 runs, only nine runs [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees