Joe Torre was on with Mike Francesa this afternoon, and the master media manipulator did a nice job of defusing the hoopla over his tell-all tome. You can find the interview here, and I just wanted to run through the major points that he made.
1) Joe said that he was surprised by the [...]
A piece authored by Anthony McCarron of the NY Daily News has reaction from Jorge Posada on what has become the talk of New York – The Yankee Years tome penned by Tom Verducci.
During the article, Posada says Joe Torre was like a father figure to him and that he didn’t think the [...]
The Yankees of recent years have been a terrible defensive team. During the eras of players like Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, Bobby Abreu and Jason Giambi, Yankee pitchers have suffered tremendously from their ineptitude. The Yankee’s team defense effiency ratio (the percent of balls in play converted into outs) in 2008 was .6932, or fifth-worst [...]
We’ve spent some time delving into the hated Red Sox, but there’s a new kid in town that’s being virtually ignored by most of us who have become so accustomed to the Beantowners being the Big Bad we need to knock off every year. Are the Rays for real, or was last year a fluke? [...]
From The Sporting News:
Free-agent second baseman Orlando Hudson said Monday four teams are interested in signing him.
Hudson told the MLB Network the four are the New York Yankees, New York Mets, Los Angeles Dodgers and Washington Nationals. Hudson, 31, hit .305/.367/.405 for the Arizona Diamondbacks last season.
Hudson also told the MLB Network [...]
Whatever your position on Brian Cashman and the job that he has done, it is hard to argue with the fact that he often neglects to properly address the bench. Flops such as Josh Phelps and Morgan Ensberg stand beside dubious choices like Andy Phillips and Miguel Cairo to create a poor resume in the [...]
The Dodgers have reportedly offered Manny Ramirez a 1-year, $25 million deal with a 48-hour window in which to accept or reject the offer. This would allow Manny to head into free agency, yet again, after the ’09 season. Of course, the Yankees will be looking for a DH at that time, too. Hmmm…
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees