Yesterday’s Federer-Nadal Australian Open thriller got me thinking about the great individual rivalries in sports and how they tend to divide fans. There are Federer people and Nadal people, just as there are Tiger fans and Phil (Mickelson) fans. Although most sports have similar rivalries, baseball seems to be missing that dynamic young duo of [...]
From Bob Klapisch (Bergen Record):
It’s not just that Torre crushes easy targets like Johnson and Pavano, it’s that he violated the sanctity of the clubhouse to plunge the knife deeper. By doing so, Torre is telling his present-day Dodgers that no anecdote or conversation will be off the record once he leaves the [...]
The Mets seem close to striking a bargain basement deal with lefty hurler, Oliver Perez, according to John Heyman. This is a solid move for the team from Flushing. The wild lefty is still very young and possesses plus stuff.
From Fred Claire (MLB):
There is a trend in baseball that has to be frightening to any small revenue team that has a bright young pitcher, and that is the amazing escalation of salaries for star hurlers.
The recent record-setting contracts for pitchers have been expensive and long term, a dangerous combination.
From Maury Brown:
Commissioner Bud Selig earned over $18 million for the fiscal year ending Oct. 31, 2007, making him by far the highest paid commissioner in all of sports, according to a report by the SportsBusiness Journal…According to Fisher of the SBJ, “Entering 2009, only seven MLB players will earn more this year [...]
Rich Lederer over at The Baseball Analysts has a very detailed analysis posted about the credibility of SI.com and MLB Network contributor John Heyman. The most compelling point that he makes is in regard to Heyman’s relationship with Scott Boras:
It is plainly obvious that Heyman, known among fellow writers as scottboras.com, is getting [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees