The New York Times ran an interesting column yesterday on the idea of there being a national pastime and considering whether the NFL had usurped that title. On the one hand, many of the economic numbers point to NFL dominance, and polls show that people prefer football to baseball. In the video game era, [...]
While Derek Jeter’s UZR in 2007 was -18.4—worst in the AL—his UZR in 2008 was -0.4. Basically, from a defensive standpoint, although Jeter does not possess an above average or even average glove at his position, he was a much better SS this past season. In fact, ’08 was his best defensive season [...]
Fangraphs has a great feature where it lists 3 different projections for each player, CHONE, Marcel, and Bill James. Bill James, the Yoda of sabermetricians, everyone knows about and the other two, you can read about, here, if you’re interested. Nothing is 100% accurate, of course, but it’s fun to look at, especially when [...]
From Andrew Marchand (ESPN):
Carl Pavano didn’t pitch much for Joe Torre in his four years with the Yankees, but he has fired some tongue-and-cheek heat at his former manager over “The Yankees Years.”
In the book that Torre teamed with Sports Illustrated Tom Verducci to write, Torre says that Pavano’s Yankee teammates “hated” [...]
After three years as a pro, a player must be protected on a team’s 40-man roster, or he is eligible for the Rule [...]
Yankees fans, like most fans, form judgments on players very quickly. A prospect makes an error or gives up a homer (or four) in his first few games, and he’s is branded as garbage and tossed aside as a bust or a “trade chip” (give me Utley and Howard for Melky, Kennedy, and maybe Edwar. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees