Once upon a time, there was a scrappy baseball team from a little, hardworking town called Boston. They did their best to scrape by, piecing together a team with a payroll of under 150 million dollars. Although they desperately needed a new first baseman to replace the All-Star they had at the position for the [...]
O-Swing% (outside swing percentage): The percentage of pitches a batter swings at outside the strike zone.
Obviously, a lower O-Swing% is optimal for batters. Now, I wonder…
As Arnold would say, “Robinson Cano, you lack discipline…”
From Jayson Stark (ESPN):
Hard as Joe Torre tries to spin his thoughts about Alex Rodriguez, we’ve heard from multiple sources that when A-Rod was a free agent last offseason, Torre advised the Dodgers not to touch him.
Well, have fun with… Casey Blake (oh, he’s “gritty”). Too bad Joe didn’t talk them out [...]
Every April, the Yankees seem to frustate us. They did themselves a hole, and work for the rest of the season to claw their way back to contention. By July, they have gained momentum, and by September they are competing for first place. The Yankees as a team seem to start the season sluggishly. Mark [...]
The last few years have seen an explosion in the use of advanced and sabermetric statistics to analyze the national pastime. This has lead to a great divide among commentators and fans as to the value of statistics in judging players, teams, and performances. It seems that this issue has lead to the forming of [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees