Chad Jennings outlines the players who will be affected by the Pettitte re-signing. Its a must read. The Yankee Triple-A rotation is going to feel crowded, and it could force some starter-to-bullpen conversions.
SI.com has an excerpt from The Yankee Years, the new Joe Torre book about his time in NY. The excerpt covers Joe’s final hours as the manager of the Yankees, and is pretty compelling fare. Check it out.
I’ve done this for four years now, and this is probably the worst list of prospects that I’m written since before Chamberlain and Kennedy were drafted. That said, there’s a lot of interesting promise on the list, and some names should produce immediate dividends for the Yankees.
The good: We finally have some decent LHPs [...]
Andy Pettitte is coming back to the Bronx, according to Peter Abraham. The deal is for a guaranteed 5.5 M with roster time and innings pitched based incentives pushing the possible value up to 12M. The Yankees really come out of this deal looking great, as they held the line and ended up paying [...]
One logistical question that Joe Girardi will have to address going into the season is how exactly he will construct the middle of his lineup. Namely, there are those who are wondering the order in which he will place Alex Rodriguez and Mark Teixeira. Joe DelGrippo of foxsports.com attempts to address the issue:
Brandon Lyon signs in Detroit, ostensibly to close. As the offseason progresses and other relievers are signed to fill the available setup and closer roles, does the price on Juan Cruz drop enough to entice the Yankees to give up a fourth round pick and reel him in?
Breaking from KR. Apparently, the deal will be for less than $10 million and could be reached today, however, incentives could push the deal towards the $16 million mark.
UPDATE – Buster Olney is reporting that the deal is for “nearly $6 million, with incentives that could make it worth as much as [...]
One question that has yet to be resolved about the Yankees’ starting rotation for 2009 is the number of innings that Joba Chamberlain can be expected to log in the rotation. Tim Dierkes tries to answer that question:
I asked eleven of my favorite baseball writers to predict Chamberlain’s 2009 regular season Major League [...]
Michiko Kakutani (NY Times) has an excellent review out on the new Verducci-Torre book, The Yankee Years. In the book it seems that Verducci, with Torre’s insider knowledge and expertise, has crafted an insightful text about an evolving franchise and one that experienced (and some could argue is still experiencing) an “identity crisis.”
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees